An integrated development environment (IDE) for the programming languages C and C++ is called Dev-C++. It is a flexible and sophisticated IDE that can be used to write and debug code, and it was created by Bloodshed Software. Due to its free and open-source nature, Dev-C++ For Windows has been around since 1998 and is a favorite among many developers.
- Dev-C++ For windows is a fantastic option for developers because of the variety of features it offers.
- A code editor, compiler, debugger, and profiler are all included in this fully functional IDE. Additionally, it offers support for a wide number of platforms, including Windows and Linux, as well as other programming languages, including C, C++, and Java.
- A large library of header files and a built-in class browser are further features.
How to Download
- The Bloodshed Software website offers a download for Dev-C++.
- An installer for the program that contains all the components required to begin developing applications is available on the download page.
- The user can start coding using Dev-C++ after the installation is finished.
- The fact that Dev-C++ is free and open source is one of its greatest features.
- This implies that there are no limitations or license costs imposed on developers’ use of the program.
- Dev-C++ is a wonderful option for developers that need to test and debug their code quickly because it is both lightweight and quick.
- Dev-C++ also comes with a number of tools like a code editor, compiler, debugger, and profiler that simplify the coding process.
- Dev-C++ has some drawbacks, including the fact that it is no longer being actively updated, which may lead some users to believe the program is out-of-date.
- The interface may also seem a little old and clumsy to some people.
The minimum system requirements for Dev-C++ are:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- 1 GHz processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 200 MB hard disk space
Developers looking for a quick and effective IDE to create C/C++ programs may consider Dev-C++. Because it is open source and free, it appeals to developers on a budget. Dev-C++ also comes with a number of tools like a code editor, compiler, debugger, and profiler that simplify the coding process. Dev-C++ is no longer being worked on, so some users could find the program to be out of date.
Also Read: Arduino IDE for Windows