The Apache Friends team created the free and open-source web server solution stack known as XAMPP. On a single computer, it can run web servers, databases, and other web development software. Cross-Platform, Apache, MariaDB, PHP, and Perl, or XAMPP, is a software package that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. XAMPP For windows is a gift for developers.
- Developers will find XAMPP to be the best web server solution stack because of its many capabilities.
- It comes with the FileZilla FTP server, PHP and Perl scripting languages, MariaDB database server, and Apache Web Server.
- A web-based control panel is also included for simple software configuration and administration.
- The control panel makes it simple to install and configure the parts and gives you access to logs, databases, and the ability to start and stop services.
How to Download
- XAMPP can be downloaded from the Apache Friends website.
- Once downloaded, it can be installed on the computer.
- The installation process is easy and straightforward, and it will guide the user through the installation process.
- For developers who require a web server solution stack for development, XAMPP is a great option.
- Because it is open-source and free, developers are allowed to adapt it to their needs. It may be used on both Windows and Mac operating systems because it is cross-platform.
- Also, it is simple to install, administer, and operate thanks to the web-based management panel.
- XAMPP’s main drawback is that it is less secure than certain other web server options.
- It is not appropriate for use in production environments; it is intended only for development purposes. It offers fewer features than some other web server solutions, as well.
- XAMPP requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems.
- It requires a minimum of 128 MB of RAM and at least 10 MB of free disk space.
Web development is best suited for the free and open-source web server solution stack known as XAMPP. It is simple to install, configure, and operate thanks to the web-based control panel. It may be used on both Windows and Mac operating systems because it is cross-platform. The drawbacks of this solution include a lack of features and a lack of security compared to some other web server options.
Also Read: Java Runtime Environment For Windows